A KONE EcoMod complete escalator modernization begins with the removal of all existing mechanical and electrical components. Then the existing truss is modified to accept KONE EcoMod modules. This allows quick installation of the latest technology without major disruption.
Preservation of the existing truss delivers:
- A new escalator at a significantly lower total project cost than options involving truss removal.
- Cleaner and less disruptive installation that doesn’t require special crane hoisting or building façade removal.
- Elimination of costly structural modifications.
- Preservation of existing building décor (floors, walls, ceilings, etc.).
- The ability to preserve existing escalator cladding and decking.