KONE Care Phone Monitoring Service
KONE Care Phone Monitoring is a 24/7 monitoring service that addresses emergency communications and passenger safety by linking the elevator phone to our dedicated entrapment line, which connects with our KONE Customer Care Center.™ Customers can choose between two types of Phone Monitoring Services:
1. KONE Care Phone Monitoring Service
This service connects the ADA phone in the elevator Entrapment Line through the existing phone line. The Entrapment Line is a dedicated phone line solely for elevator phones, which receives priority response over other incoming calls.
2. KONE Care Wireless Service
This service eliminates the conventional telephone line and provides the wireless service to connect the phone to the KONE Customer Care Center through a wireless gateway, allowing the customer to eliminate their current elevator phone lines.
Both of these solutions provide:
- A dedicated emergency line ensures calls from elevator phone receive top priority
- Consolidation of building services with one elevator provider
- Reduction of your operating expenses
- Eliminates third party services
- Direct connection to technicians for improved response times
How emergency voice communication works:
- Passenger activates the pre-programmed ADA phone by pressing a button in the elevator, and the phone dials to KONE Customer Care Center's dedicated emergency line.
- Elevator identification and location is immediately displayed at the KONE Customer Care Center.
- KONE Customer Care Center agent evaluates the nature of the call to determine if an entrapment has occurred; or if someone is testing the phone; or if it is a false alarm.
If an entrapment has occurred:
- Two-way voice communication from the agent lets passengers know that help is on the way.
- A technician is immediately dispatched and passengers are told when they can expect help to arrive.
- The agent calls the emergency contact at the building to alert them of the entrapment.
- If there is an emergency situation with a trapped passenger, the agent calls the emergency contact at the building to alert them of the need for local fire and police.
- A customer's contacts will be notified of entrapment situations.
- The agent remains on the phone with the passengers for continued reassurance.
- A technician quickly arrives on site and releases the passengers.
If the person in the car is testing the phone:
- Two-way voice communication from the agent confirms the location of the elevator, voice quality of the phone and confirms that the records for the elevator phone are correct.
If the agent cannot determine if there is an actual entrapment:
- The agent confirms the location of the elevator.
- If the agent cannot establish communication with anyone in the elevator, then the agent will call the emergency contacts identified for the building. They will alert them of a possible entrapment situation, asking that the customer call KONE back if service is needed.