Escalator & Autowalk Safety Tips
Proper Escalator Use
- Instruct passengers to ride safely.
- Hold the handrail.
- Ride the escalator facing the appropriate direction of travel.
- Do not lean over the handrail.
- Keep feet away from the escalator's sides.
- Step over the combplates at the top and bottom of the escalator.
- Children in strollers should never be transported on the escalator.
- Physically challenged passengers should never use the escalator.
- Do not transport freight on the escalator.
- Attend and hold children's hands when riding escalator.
- Children should be accompanied by an adult and never left alone in the vicinity of an escalator.
- Do not allow anyone, especially children to play on or around the escalator.
- Do not jump on escalator.
- Keep hands away from handrail inlets and step.
What to do if the escalator stops?
In some cases, simple and fast checks are enough to put the escalator back into operation and could save you from what might have otherwise been an additional charge.
Before placing a call to the KONE Customer Care Center, please check the following items:
- Verify the power supply to the escalator and check for blown fuses or tripped circuit breakers to the power supply.
- Is the stop switch activated?
- Is there an object (gum, paper, etc.) obstructing the handrail inlet switch doors?
- Try resetting the escalator by using the key switch.
If your equipment is not operational after checking the above items, place a service call with the KONE Customer Care Center.